• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

backed into landing platform of loading truck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

annestahl

We live in Ca and the accident happened in Inglewood, Ca. My boyfriend backed his car (Jeep) into the landing platform of a truck. It was about 5ft high, and barely visible, without cones or red flags or any waring signs on it. The Jeep's rear door and frame need to be replaced($$$). I know cars have to use flags if anything extends over the end of the car, do commercial vehicles not have to do at least that? Can we get their insurance to pay for the damange to our car?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

annestahl said:
We live in Ca and the accident happened in Inglewood, Ca. My boyfriend backed his car (Jeep) into the landing platform of a truck. It was about 5ft high, and barely visible, without cones or red flags or any waring signs on it. The Jeep's rear door and frame need to be replaced($$$). I know cars have to use flags if anything extends over the end of the car, do commercial vehicles not have to do at least that? Can we get their insurance to pay for the damange to our car?
My response:

If the truck was not in motion, then it was your boyfriend's fault. Since his vehicle was in motion, it's up to him, as the driver, to make sure there are no obstacles.

It would be the same thing if he backed into a parking space pole.

Those who do not look, and those who look but do not see, are negligent.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">