• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

backing up in a parking lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LUDELVR

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I was in a parking Lot and I was approaching the exit when a girl was backing out and hit the front right corner of my car. There were only a few scratches on her car but my front fender is dented in as well as my fiberglass bumper cracked and a pretty big gouge. When we got out, she constantly appologized and later that night, I met up with her and got in writing what happened as well as her stating that "she hit me" and then we signed it as well as a witness signing it and hearing her confess that she wasn't looking. Should I contact a lawyer first or just deal with the insurance company. Oh yah, my neck is also feeling stiff so how do I go abouts receiving physiotherapy and how do I avoid getting my insurance compayny to pay for anything? I don't want my insurance to go up!

stephenk

is the other driver insured? if yes, you can go and get an estimate for your repairs and make a claim against her carrier. the other carrier will also inspect your car and present you with an estimate. you can then haggle over the amount.

if the other driver is uninsured, get an estimate and either negotiate an agreement regarding payment or sue her in small claims court.

regarding your neck stiffness. wait a week longer before you think about going for treatment. most, if not all, insurance companies will not pay you for a claim of injury in a parking lot accident. most small claims courts are also suspicious of claimed injuries in low speed impacts. Cmon, how fast were you going 2-3 mphs tops?

if you really believe you need therapy, go ahead. But no one is going to pay you ahead of time for the treatment, unless you have medical insurance and go through your own provider, ie, Kaiser, Cigna, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">