• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

backing up on a public street

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

robinc69

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state?

California

I was parked on a public street in a designated parking zone. I checked to see if it was all clear and proceeded to back up. When another driver speed out of a private driveway making a right hand turn looking left not paying attention and pulled into the intersection rapidly and we collided. Damage to my car is minimal but damage the other drivers is substantial.

The driver got out of the their car and blamed me and wants my insurance to pay for everything what rights do I have.

What is the law regarding a person pulling into an intersection from a private driveway and me already in the intersection

Thank you

did you file a police report at the time of accident? if so did anyone get a ticket. What that drive wants and what he gets may be two different things.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">