• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Backyard accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

noagenda

I recently came home from x-mas vacation to find that a drunk driver put his car into my backyard causing considerable damage to my spa, landscaping and such. He was arrested and his car recovers out of my yard. I have contacted my insurance company and they are sending our a claims person. I will be going to pick up the police report today. I am just curious on how I should handle this,I have never had anything like this happen to me. We just spent a lot of money finishing our backyard and now it is partially destroyed. Is my only option to go after his insurance company or must I use mine? Am I entilted to anything else? Should I hire a lawyer? I live in the state of WA.

Thank you..

Al

jyoung

contact your local SSSADD (Spas, Shrubbery, and Such Against
Drunk Driving)for assistance with your claim

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jyoung said:
contact your local SSSADD (Spas, Shrubbery, and Such Against
Drunk Driving)for assistance with your claim
My response:

Is HomeGuru giving lessons ?

Anyway, let your Homeowner's Insurance handle all of this. Yes, you'll pay your deductible, but then you'll either get that back from his insurance company when they reimburse your insurance company, or you can sue him in Small Claims Court for it if your insurance company is unable to get a refund for you.

Also, the Criminal Courts will order "restitution" be paid to you . . . but, that takes longer.

IAAL

jyoung

My response:

Nah, you guys are just rubbing off on me.....My New Years
Resolutiond are to lose weight and to become more cynical

HomeGuru

jyoung said:
My response:

Nah, you guys are just rubbing off on me.....My New Years
Resolutiond are to lose weight and to become more cynical

HomeGuru response:

Gee, I'm flattered.
My New Years restitution is to lose wait and be more cyclical.

HomeGuru

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

My New Beers ramification is to put on 140 pounds and to look like a cylinder.

IAAL

HomeGuru response:
Hey, then you can get a part time job as the Pillsbury Dough Boy.
Your new Slogan: Roll with it, Baby.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Hey, I already did that gig. I got tired of people poking me in the stomach. Now, I play the Pets.Com hand puppet. I rather have someone's hand and arm up my . . .

IAAL

HomeGuru

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Hey, I already did that gig. I got tired of people poking me in the stomach. Now, I play the Pets.Com hand puppet. I rather have someone's hand and arm up my . . .

IAAL
Good one IAAL. It gives a whole new meaning to the term Up yours.
You can be a member of PU. (Puppets Union) I heard the lead negotiator is that wooden guy that never lies. Everbody nose him.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

HomeGuru said:
I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

IAAL
Good one IAAL. It gives a whole new meaning to the term Up yours.
You can be a member of PU. (Puppets Union) I heard the lead negotiator is that wooden guy that never lies. Everbody nose him.
My response:

Well, when someone tells me, "Up yours", they usually are.

It's a little like telling a hermaphrodite to "go screw yourself."

IAAL

HomeGuru

My response:

Well, when someone tells me, "Up yours", they usually are.

It's a little like telling a hermaphrodite to "go screw yourself."

IAAL [/B][/QUOTE]

HomeGuru response:

Wow, you told that to Hermie the Wormie?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">