• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Faith

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kdr31786

What is the name of your state? indiana
i was involved in a serious 1 car accident which i was a passenger in. i will get the policy limit of 100,000, but since its been 7 months and they have never offered me a settlement could that be considered bad faith.

stephenk

have you demanded the policy limit? If not, then you should. the carrier will not make an offer without your demand.

Is the carrier the one that insures the driver of the car you were in?

S

shell007

kdr31786 said:
the insurance is my friends. shouldnt have they offered me a settlement right after the accident.
Not if you don't/didn't pursue it.

The insurance company is not going to come to your house and hand you a pretty package with a big bow that has a check inside. :rolleyes:

Do you have a PI attorney?

Why don't you have your attorney (who will be getting 33% of your settlement) do his job and call the insurance company to figure out why you haven't been paid out yet.

Maybe your attorney has not submitted the proper evidence necessary for your claim, or maybe he hasn't submitted any demand for the other insurance companys policy limits.

This is still a claim, you can't just say "I'm seriously injured, give me your limits" and expect anyone to pay. You need to submit medical documentation that shows your injury is worth the limits and then they will issue payment.

You may also have medical bills and liens outstanding that may delay the settlement. Again please refer to paragraph one!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">