• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Faith?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JennyP410

What is the name of your state? GA

Not sure what to do next in dealing with the adjustor for a bodily injury claim.

I've sent the information (bills, doctor reports, etc) in October, then the updated information, and confirmed that it was received in mid-December after I was finished with treatment. So they have everything needed.

I called her to confirm that she had received the information, and she had.

I called her again later in December to see if she had everything she needed, and she said she did.

I called again at the end of January to touch base with them, and she said she had "not yet completed all that she needed to do" before sending it on to I guess the claims department. They'd had the info for six weeks at that point, and had the bulk of it for three months.

I called again about a week later, and she said claims had sent it back because they needed, essentially, more specific bills. I pointed out that she had that information already, and she found it while we were on the phone.

I recently called again, because I never hear anything from them, and she said basically that she only has the first packet that I sent (from October), and I need to send her the rest of it, which I guess I'll do once again.

I'm documenting every single conversation, and trying to be patient, but at what point does this become bad faith? They've had everything related to the claim for two and a half months now, and we don't even seem close to them making the first offer.

moburkes

If you feel that the length of time is unreasonable, then contact your state's department of insurance and file a consumer complaint.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">