• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad faith claims in regards to Auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

our3cats

What is the name of your state? - Virginia
Can you please explain how "bad faith" cases apply in regards to auto accidents? My attorney has explained a bit to me... but it is still unclear. My case is set for trial later this year as the insurance company is refusing to settle.... The way I understand.. is that if I get a judgement in excess of the policy limits.. the balance becomes a "bad faith" claim against the insurance company... Do we have to have a 2nd trial to collect that claim?

S

seniorjudge

our3cats said:
What is the name of your state? - Virginia
Can you please explain how "bad faith" cases apply in regards to auto accidents? My attorney has explained a bit to me... but it is still unclear. My case is set for trial later this year as the insurance company is refusing to settle.... The way I understand.. is that if I get a judgement in excess of the policy limits.. the balance becomes a "bad faith" claim against the insurance company... Do we have to have a 2nd trial to collect that claim?
No...Google virginia bad faith tort

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">