• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad luck or bad chevrolet dealership ????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

impalass

What is the name of your state? TEXAS

To make a long story short my car was totalled out after about 6 months of messing around with insurance company, adjusters and the chevy bodyshop. The vehicle in question remained at bodyshop from July to December .... in September the vehicle was broken into while on the fenced lot behind the bodyshop and around 5000$ in audio was stolen.A police report was made and days later it was agreed between myself and the dealership that they would claim it on their insurance and I was reassured on their part that there would be no problems. Unfortunately I recieved a letter of denial from the insurance company saying that the dealership took more than reasonable care of your vehicleby keeping it locked and in a fenced lit area. The manager at the dealership will not work with us and says its just too bad and I am out the money! My question relates to this ... should the dealership have to pay ? should the insurance company have to ?My vehicle should have had the alarm on and it had been conviently left off that night so was reasonable care really taken???
Thankyou for any help you may provide

Last edited:

stephenk

sue the dealership in small claims court. they had bailment of your vehicle, which means they had control of the car and where it was stored. they are responsible for the theft of the stereo equipment. be sure to bring receipts showing the value of your equipment that was stolen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">