• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

beckyfrye

Hi, I'm in Wisconsin. My boyfriend's car was backed into by my neighbor's boyfriend. The police were called. My boyfriend decided to be "nice" and not have a police report filled out. My neighbor's boyfriend did not have insurance and my boyfriend only has liability coverage. My neighbor wrote my boyfriend a check for $500.00 in order to pay for the cost of repairs to his car. Here is the problem her check bounced and she closed the account (nice girl huh?) Anyway he has tried to contact her several times and she won't answer the door or call him back. What can he do to get his money?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

beckyfrye said:
Hi, I'm in Wisconsin. My boyfriend's car was backed into by my neighbor's boyfriend. The police were called. My boyfriend decided to be "nice" and not have a police report filled out. My neighbor's boyfriend did not have insurance and my boyfriend only has liability coverage. My neighbor wrote my boyfriend a check for $500.00 in order to pay for the cost of repairs to his car. Here is the problem her check bounced and she closed the account (nice girl huh?) Anyway he has tried to contact her several times and she won't answer the door or call him back. What can he do to get his money?
My response:

Turn the check over to the District Attorney's office for criminal prosecution, and also sue her in Small Claims Court.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">