• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bankruptcy before settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

YaVette

Nevada. if i file bankruptcy before i receive a bodily injury settlement can they take the settlment money

X

Xjudge

Yes. Especially if you have bills associated with your claim dismissed in the bankruptcy.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Xjudge said:
Yes. Especially if you have bills associated with your claim dismissed in the bankruptcy.
"But, you don't understand XJudge. You see, I don't want to use my settlement money to pay my debts. I want to use that money for things I like - - I want to have fun ! Weeeee. "

"I would rather have the taxpayers pay my debts, and have the companies raise prices, and interest rates, for the debts that I've discharged in Bankruptcy, than to use my own settlement money to pay my debts. Why should I care ? "

I mean, this is the American Dream, right ? "

"I just want a clean slate, and spend my money on the 'Good Life'. I deserve it, don't I ? Who cares ? Who would it hurt ? "

My response:

Yes, our writer will try, but will be stopped cold when he has to swear, under penalty of perjury, that there's no pending case settlement. And, when our writer says "None", and gets a settlement, he'll think he's gotten away with murder. Well, BK Trustees have seen this type of thing innumerable times, and when our writer is caught for perjury, he'll wish he'd never been born. Watch that BK get dismissed too ! And, watch that settlement money get "intercepted" and redirected to the creditors !

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 06-11-2001 at 12:44 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">