• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being sued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lillyvirgo

What is the name of your state? SC

I was in a wreck where I was at fault. It was not a bad wreck but now a year later I got a letter from my insurance saying the man I hit got a lawyer and is suing for 20,000 total specials and 50,000 for bodily injury. My coverage is 50,000 ,they say anything over that is my responsibility. The insurance said they will fight it in court but I might want to get a lawyer to help me. Should I look into a lawyer now or wait. I have heard they have to sue me for the remainder then I can get a lawyer. Any help would be appreciated. I own my home with the bank but that is it. what could they sue me for if I don't have anything. The guy was complaining about his knee but the paramedics mentioned the surgery scar I just need to know if I should worry now or wait and see what happens? What is total specials anyway?
thanks,Lillyvirgo

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">