• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being sued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

seema

I run a small dental supply co. in philadelphia, PA. in 1998 i hired a driver to make local deliveries. One day his car broke down and i had to lend him my van for making deliveries unfortunatly that day it was raining and he hit anther driver from the back according to my driver the car that he hit was not damaged and police did not give my driver a ticket. today all of a sudden i received a letterr from sherif's office that i have been sued by that other driver. The letter does not indicate about how much damage they are asking for. shouldn't my insurance co. pay for the damage? We had reported this incident to the insurance co. and provided them with all the information. Please let me know what my next step should be?

Your insurance company should provide for your legal defense at no cost to you.

Call them and tell them what has transpired. Fax them a copy of what you got from the S.O. Then send any suit papers to your carrier via certified mail return receipt, ASAP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">