• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being sued for injuries and lost wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

veve10978

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? MA
I was involved in an accident in 2001 in the state of Mass. My boyfriend was driving my car and I was the passenger. We were stopped making a left turn onto a street when the car behind us passed us on the left. This man had no license on him or even shoes on. He left the scene of the accident and ran to his house to get shoes and his license. He also came back with a woman and young girl as witness or support? My insurance considered me not at fault. Well now 2003 I got a call from my insurance company stating that this man is sueing for injuries and lost wages. They have a lawyer who is defending my policy?> The other problem is I no longer have contact with my now ex boyfriend who was driving. My insurance company stated if they didn't get to speak to my ex who was the driver that they would lose and have to pay this lawsuit. I received a letter stating that the suit is in excess of $2,758.50 my policy covers 20,000. Does this mean that they can sue me for this? I am unemployed. I am a student. Will my insurance payments go up? I need help on this?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Do whatever you have to do, but find the boyfriend. Pull out all the stops, but make this your priority - - and do it FAST.

IAAL

stephenk

you should also speak with the attorney who is representing you. he/she can answer your questions regarding the details of the case and what damages the other side is claiming.

V

veve10978

Thanks for the opinions. What would be the worst outcome in this? I am trying to find my ex boyfriend. I don't know where he lives. My insurance company also has had no luck yet in finding him. Say that we can't find him? Will I be held responsible for that amount over the 20,000? I am a student and not working?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">