• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being sued by a lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

carol zangla

What is the name of your state? New York A vehicle being driven by a lawyer pulled out into the road hitting the pickup truck driven by my friend . My friends truck was totaled, he was taken to hospital with head injury and has had blinding headaches ever since. The lawyer is claiming it was my friends fault and is sueing for $50 million. The problem is - my friend can't get a lawyer to represent him. Not even his insurance companies lawyer. As soon as they find out he is being sued by a lawyer they drop his case -telling him to find someone else. What is this? Some kind of "honor among Theives?" How is he supposed to get help in this case?

HomeGuru

carol zangla said:
What is the name of your state? New York A vehicle being driven by a lawyer pulled out into the road hitting the pickup truck driven by my friend . My friends truck was totaled, he was taken to hospital with head injury and has had blinding headaches ever since. The lawyer is claiming it was my friends fault and is sueing for $50 million. The problem is - my friend can't get a lawyer to represent him. Not even his insurance companies lawyer. As soon as they find out he is being sued by a lawyer they drop his case -telling him to find someone else. What is this? Some kind of "honor among Theives?" How is he supposed to get help in this case?
**A: it is called professional courtesy. Your friend needs to find the meanest sob lawyer that hates all plaintiffs, got a huge chip on his shoulder, goes to church and thinks all lawyers are the scum of the earth.

C

carol zangla

sued by lawyer

Great, HomeGuru! How do we find one of these "SOB" lawyers? I'm sure they don't advertise themselves as such in the yellow pages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">