• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Big Rig hit by car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

az9187

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I own a small trucking company. My driver was hit by a car in San Antonio, Tx and was forced off the road. I have filed a Third party claim. Her insurance issued the repairs on the truck ($10,000) worth. I am claiming loss revenue and other claims. They are wanting to pay me peanuts compared to what I lost. The truck was done for 42 days.

My question is: I want to file suit against the driver of the car and her insurance company. Since I live in Arizona and she lives in San Antonio, Tx and the accident took place there as well, where do I have to file the law suit.

Who has jurisdiction? Arizona or Texas?

Please email me at [email protected] Thanks

Last edited:

JETX

az9187 said:
My question is: I want to file suit against the driver of the car and her insurance company. Since I live in Arizona and she lives in San Antonio, Tx and the accident took place there as well, where do I have to file the law suit.
Based on your post, you would have to file in her home county in Texas.

However..... did you sign a release when you accepted payment from the insurance company??? If so, then you would have no further claim against the other driver.

Please email me at [email protected] Thanks
Sorry, we don't 'do' email.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">