• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bit by a coyote on a golf course!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LoveToGolf

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I was playing golf on a Tucson, AZ public course. At the 3rd hole, the beverage girl told me a coyote had been spotted earlier at the 5th hole, but it appeared frequently and was harmless. As I approached the 5th hole, the coyote jumped onto the back of my cart and bit me on the finger, drawing blood, then ran away. I reported it to maintenance personell at the next hole. They offered to call 911, I refused.

I then went to the pro shop and reported it to staffers. They called the maintenance guy who said he couldn't find it. They offered no further assistance. The next day I saw my doctor, and assuming the animal was rabid, I started rabies shots. After 4 days, Tucson Animal Control called, said they had found the coyote, killed it and reported it did not have rabies.

Course management has not offered to do anything for me, claiming they have no resposnibility. Can I sue and if so, how would I estimate the amount of my damages?:(

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

LoveToGolf said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

I was playing golf on a Tucson, AZ public course. At the 3rd hole, the beverage girl told me a coyote had been spotted earlier at the 5th hole, but it appeared frequently and was harmless. As I approached the 5th hole, the coyote jumped onto the back of my cart and bit me on the finger, drawing blood, then ran away. I reported it to maintenance personell at the next hole. They offered to call 911, I refused.

I then went to the pro shop and reported it to staffers. They called the maintenance guy who said he couldn't find it. They offered no further assistance. The next day I saw my doctor, and assuming the animal was rabid, I started rabies shots. After 4 days, Tucson Animal Control called, said they had found the coyote, killed it and reported it did not have rabies.

Course management has not offered to do anything for me, claiming they have no resposnibility. Can I sue and if so, how would I estimate the amount of my damages?:(

My response:

The golf course has no liability.

Coyotes are naturally occurring elements of the surroundings, and the golf course has no duty to control nature.

IAAL

Last edited:

stephenk

Unless it was Wile E. Coyote, who I understand had a valuable portfolio and many homes in various desert resorts following his retirement from the cartoon business. The damn cur still owed me $50!

Make a claim on his estate and recover the cost of the bandage and rabies shots.

Signed,

Road Runner (beep-beep)

L

LoveToGolf

Thanks for your response and expert advice.

I'm just happy we don't have a large, nasty, free roaming Grizzly Bear population in Arizona! Could really raise hell with golfers!

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

LoveToGolf said:
Thanks for your response and expert advice.

"I'm just happy we don't have a large, nasty, free roaming Grizzly Bear population in Arizona! Could really raise hell with golfers!"

======================================

My response:

Now you know why they don't play golf in Alaska.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">