• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bodily injury release question...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

imurray

What is the name of your state? New Mexico
A third party insurance company has sent me a bodily injury release form to sign. The adjuster says I must sign the form before I receive the settlement amount. However, the form states that, in regards the the amount. "to the undersigned in hand paid, receipt whereof is hereby acknowledged..." when in fact I have not received any funds at all. Should I sign the release or demand the funds first?What is the name of your state?

moburkes

What is the name of your state? New Mexico
A third party insurance company has sent me a bodily injury release form to sign. The adjuster says I must sign the form before I receive the settlement amount. However, the form states that, in regards the the amount. "to the undersigned in hand paid, receipt whereof is hereby acknowledged..." when in fact I have not received any funds at all. Should I sign the release or demand the funds first?What is the name of your state?
It is standard, but, just ask the adjuster about the wording.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">