• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Body shop damaged the car ...Help !!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

immi999

What is the name of your state? NC

I had a few tree limbs fall on my car and damage the car at various places. My insurance covered the repair expenses under Comprehensive expense and my car was in one of their Direct-Repair Shops. The car was for 7 days with the shop. When I went to pick the car up, I noticed that on the passenger side of the car, someone had tried to play with the area around the handle. It was clearly an act of theft on the vehicle. This was not there on the car when I gave it to the repair shop and must have definitely happened during the time the car was at their shop.

Now the repair shop totally denies that it could have happened at their shop as its secure blah blah ... but I am sure that it was never there when I gave them the car. They also told me that they are not responsible for the car even though they have it in their shop for repairs ... My insurance says that they will cover the expense but that would be a new claim with a new deductable

Do I have any way to get the Repair Shop to pick up the cost for the repairs ????

Any advice is appreciated ...

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">