• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

body shop forged signature on insurance check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

clipper123

My son's truck was hit by an insured motorist in Nov. 2000 in Napa, California. Geico Insurance wrote a large check for the body work and the rental car and made it out to my son, but left it with the body shop. The car was not ready until Feb. 2001. The check should have been endorsed by my son but he never saw it. Geico faxed a copy of the cashed check, front and back and we see that the body shop forged his signature and deposited it in their account Dec 29, 2000. They paid part of the rental car bill with it but there is still an outstanding balance of $650. Sounds like a criminal offense to me...what should we do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

clipper123 said:
Sounds like a criminal offense to me...what should we do?
My response:

You know, if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck.

Report this matter to your local District Attorney's Office, and fill out a complaint form.

Additionally, call the 800 operator and get the number for the California Bureau of Automotive Repair in Sacramento. Fill out their form also. When they get ahold of that Repair Shop, it'll be "Curtains".

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">