• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

body shop ruined my car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gmonty

new mexico

i took my car to get hail damage repairs and the body shop got overspray everywhere and overbuffed my front and rear bumpers(which were not damaged to begin with) and the paint is very bad quality and the seams do not all line up. He said he replaced the hood but when I looked at it I found the VIN sticker still on it. I trusted him because my parents knew him and he had been in business for a really long time. What should I do. I have already told him about the sloppy work. The bad thing is that he wanted the money up front and didnt want to deal with the insrance company. He has had it for a month already and I cant afford to be without a car anymore so I just paid him to get my car back. I just found out from another body shop, which I got a critique of the work from, that this perticular shop is actually not a preffered auto body shop by my insurance company and they said that to fix what was done will be expensive. What can I do? I have a statement singed and stamped paid from him saying he repaired it as per insurance estimate which he clearly did not do being as how my hood still has the VIN sticker when the entire hood was to be replaced and there is stuff that he didnt even attempt to fix and basically said hell wax, polish, and clean it but thats all the body work and painting he is doing. HELP!

Auto Body Repair

G-

While you were out getting the 'critique' of the job...did you happen to get a few written estimates on the price/repairs that would be needed to remedy the hack job? If so,great. Send copies of those written estimates along with a letter to the shop owner/manager.Send the letter 'certified,rrrq'. Ask for an appointment time to drop the vehicle off. Let him know you are expecting a rental car(at his expense) for the duration of the time your vehicle needs to be back in the shop. If he refuses to complete the job to your satisfaction,then I guess you will need to take him to small claims court.

Did the repair order specify replace and refinish,rather than repair and refinish?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">