• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bogus lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

VEANDRA

What is the name of your state? IL.

I was in an auto accident in Chicago back in June of 1999 and got a lawyer to represent me. The car that I was driving did no belong to me and I had two other people in the car with me. As a result of the accident, I had a fractured thumb and minor neck and back injuries. My swolen hand prevented me from going to work and school. I also was not able to care for my child properly
(doing her hair and cooking for her.)
Anyway this lawyer that I had representing me, told me that he would only be able to get $1000 and that I had to pay him and th doctors out of that, consequently only recieving a grand total of $300. He told me that the reason was that the hospital I was seen at is now closed and he is unable to get those records. Before the hospital closed I had submitted the informtion to him myself. I now live in NC and have no way (other than the internet) to try and get the informtin myself. I have only been sucessful in comfirmng that the hospital is in fact closed and that there is a way to obtain the records. Is he trying to get over on me because I am no longer in that state? and should I try and seek other representation to make him pay me? He is a lawyer and I know that he can, if anybody, get that information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">