• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Both drivers didn't have insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

inafog1

What is the name of your state? Florida

Florida is a partial no-fault state. A friend ran a red light and hit an ice cream truck. Both drivers did not have insurance. The ice-cream truck driver is now suing my friend for damages. Both drivers' cars were damaged (my friend's was a junker, and was totaled), and both suffered minor injuries resulting in medical bills. Does my friend have any valid defense in the upcoming lawsuit?

inafog1

Thanks for the quick response! That's what I figured, but I was hoping there might be some kind of catch with it being a no fault state and the other driver operating a business out of his vehicle and not having insurance.

ecmst12

No fault only refers to injuries/medical bills, not property damage. I don't know if his claim for medical bills is affected by him not having insurance, it might be. But his property damage, you are definitely responsible for.

C

Churchhelp

What is the name of your state? Florida

Florida is a partial no-fault state. A friend ran a red light and hit an ice cream truck. Both drivers did not have insurance. The ice-cream truck driver is now suing my friend for damages. Both drivers' cars were damaged (my friend's was a junker, and was totaled), and both suffered minor injuries resulting in medical bills. Does my friend have any valid defense in the upcoming lawsuit?
What part of Florida are you in?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">