• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bought car, no valid title. Help please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Conundrum

Last February, I bought a 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (Back to the Future car) off of a guy in IL. Two years prior to that, he bought it off of a guy in TX. Tim in IL had his name and address on the back of the title to transfer it to his state and name and pay IL taxes. But failed to do so. I come along and buy the car and he erases all his info off the back of the title and puts my name. My local DMV along with any other will not accept this title because of the eraser marks. I tried to contact the previous owner in TX to get a certified copy of the title made, can't find him. As far as I know he is dead.

I really like this car and would hate to get rid of it and find another DeLorean after all of the work I've put into it. Is there a weay to get it titled in MD without really having a title to begin with? Please help!

Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum catagory.

Thomas Williams
Frostburg, MD

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">