• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boy did I mess up!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jwcatec

What is the name of your state? California

I don't know which category to post this in this one seems closest.

I sold a car last 5.03.03 for 1900 bucks. When I sold this car I received cash and I made a bill of sale of as is no smog ect. The man signed it, I gave pink slip to him, he said he was going on Monday to register the car after smogging it. Well little did I know that I would need this man address. And his full name. I thought signature was enough.” boy I messed up"
So today I get in the mail on my wifes name unpaid tickets for 201.00 dollars reffering to this car. This car is still in my wife’s name”DOH”. I called the DMV and they said I have to track this person DOWN to get it out of my name (by finding out his name and address. Ok I live in a city of a 250k people and probably twice as many cars. Needless to say it's a needle in a hay stack and by the time I find him, who knows what will happen. So all I have is this bill of sale with a signature on it. So basicly I am reliable for anything that goes on with this car including ACCIDENTS. I would like to add that my wife send off the release form from the pink slip along with a copy of the bill of sale and a note stating what had happen for me not getting name and address and we send this form off the same week it was sold. Well until today I thought everything was cool and it was out of are name one way or another"I was wrong". I guess the DMV don't bend over backwards for nobody becuase they never send us anything saying that what we sent to them would not work "thank u DMV". I would really appreciate any advice and would like to know what options are available to us before this matter gets worse(hit and run and we are charged with a felony or more tickets).

I would like to add my wife seen the car for sale . Infact one of the tickets that we got is for selling car. It's illegal to have a for sale sign on your car were I live. The other one is for no registration. For all I know the man sold it. And it's in mexico. The guy was hispanic. Someone else I knew said they seen the car with tags? ok stolen tags I guess which am I reliable for?I have a strong feeling this guy know what he is doing and his screwing me over big time. I’m in a big mess plz help me get out.

Right now I’m thinking of insureing the car before he recks it or does a hit and run.

Report the car stolen, hey it's in my name still

OR lie and say it's yada yada yadas car and this is his yada yada yada address get this car out of my name.

Try to repo if I can find car?

what can I legally do?

Last edited:

J

jwcatec

I found a needle in a hay stack. I found the guy got his name address ect. Drove around for 30 mins in the area I saw him drive and finally found him WOOT! I can't tell u the releif off my shoulders.

I also fixed the errors I made in the post above earlier today.LOL I made alot. I leave the post alone for some learning experance for others.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">