• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

brakes and wheel coming off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gharden

Yesterday I took my van to Midas to have the breaks done. It ended up being over $800 in repair and replacement. Later that day I drove to a wedding. After the wedding and on the way to the reception the front passenger wheel began to wobble. I slowed down and started to pull to the shoulder of the road. When doing so the tire popped off hit a tree and went into the ditch. The axel embedded into the ground. What is our legal recourse in this situation? This has caused great stress for my wife and I. This is the only vehicle we own.
GH

TCB4U2B2B

In My Opinion:

Hello gharden

I saw this happen only once prior, many years ago while working as a tow truck driver to make money for college expenses. I did not have to testify in that case. Fortunately no one was injured in your mishap.

All you should have done at the time was either call them back directly to come and have the van towed or contact your own towing service and drop the van off there. Either of which, with the paid repair bill in hand, would be sufficient visual and physical proof of negligence.

I highly doubt you'll have any problems getting the vehicle repaired correctly this time, be provided with a loaner vehicle either paid for by them or your insurance carrier paying the costs for a loaner, up to the limit of the insurance contract.

Since I am not an attorney, I can not reply to your question on legal recourse for stress, etc. You'll need to discuss that matter with an attorney.

In my opinion, since no one was injured and no real property was damaged, had this happen to me, I would be satisfied without financial recourse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">