• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

broken car window

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MiladyLyn

My husband was mowing our yard and a rock flew out and broke the back window of our neighbors truck. My husband talked to our neighbor and agreed to pay for it. They got it fixed and came over with an estimate. The estimate was for a full window but they only got a sliding window. They told us where they got the work done, but when I called there they hadn't gotten it fixed there. They will not show us a receipt and are continually lying about the cost. They are threatening to take us to court. Will they win for the cost of the estimate even though it is not what they had done to the truck? I suspect that they put the repairs on their insurance so is it possible for them to sue without showing a receipt? We are willing to pay for the damages but don't like being lied to or taken advantage of We live in Indiana . Thank you .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">