• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broken right wrist in auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

caitelizabeth

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hello all. I would appreciate any and all advice you could provide. The short version: A man turned into oncoming traffic and hit our vehicle--totaling it and causing my right wrist to break. That was three weeks ago. I am finally able to type on my computer a little bit, although it is very hard and slow going. I am in a cast and will be until the break heals, which my orthopaedist says will take 6-8 weeks. I am finally back at work but I can't work at the same pace that I could before. We are getting close to the insurance company offering a settlement amount but I still have no clue what they will offer us and I don't know what I should be considering reasonable. Aside from the vehicle damage (which is separate) does anyone know what a reasonable amount for pain and suffering of a broken wrist (dominant hand) would be? Thanks in advance. Cait

ecmst12

Unless they are offering you the policy limits right now (which they might, if the limits are low, they might automatically offer the limits with a broken bone), then you should wait to settle until after your treatment is fully complete - cast is off, rehab is done, and you are feeling normal or as close as you're going to get. The longer it takes you to get there, the more your case will be worth - and they know it! So it's definitely too soon to consider settling.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">