• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brother killed in car wreck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Honeybflyboy

My brother was recently killed in a car accident. He was riding in the car with a girl who was drinking (all though this isn't able to be proved because she disappeared after the wreck) There were 2 other people in the car. The girl driving got out of the car and left, and also waiting 2 hours before calling 911. The girl was speeding and driving recklessly and it is pending as to whether she receives any tickets. Also there was a boy with her (in the car ahead) who came by and picked her up and has tried to cover things up. My question is can she be charged? Can the boy be charged? And can the person whose house they left be charged for serving alcohol to someone under 21? If so could you please tell what they could be taken to court for, and sued for and if any civil cases can be filed. We plan on getting a lawyer, I would just like to get some perspective. I live in North Carolina....thanks very much

A

ace-red

UH, Why are you looking into this? :confused:
There should be a Criminal case being persued, by the authorities.
I suppose you can think of it this way, like the OJ trial he got off of murder charges but then the civil suit he was guilty.
Wait to see what happens and keep on the cops for answers and updates...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">