• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bruise ankle injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

storyav

While attempting to park my car today I hit a man while backing up to park, I was attempting to park on the right side of the street, as I started to back up I heard thump, I stop the car and got out, there was a man on floor by my rear left wheel, he claim that I ran over his ankle, He got up right away and seemed ok. I offered to call police and ambulance, but he refused, so I give him my name, address, and phone number. I was working at the time and told him that if he needed help I would be at my job until 4pm, (two blocks away)it was 2pm at the time. About 15 minutes later he came to my job(I work in the subways) he had to go down 2 flights of stairs to get to me. He said to me that his ankle was beginning toswell I again asked him if he needed ambulance he said no. He than said if I would give him $250.00 I would'nt have to deal with my insurance company. I told him that I didnt have any money at the time but that I would give to him.

Later that night his wife calls me and tells me that his ankle was badly bruised and wanted more money and if I didnt
agree they would sue me. This happen in the Bronx NY. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

storyav said:
While attempting to park my car today I hit a man while backing up to park, I was attempting to park on the right side of the street, as I started to back up I heard thump, I stop the car and got out, there was a man on floor by my rear left wheel, he claim that I ran over his ankle, He got up right away and seemed ok. I offered to call police and ambulance, but he refused, so I give him my name, address, and phone number. I was working at the time and told him that if he needed help I would be at my job until 4pm, (two blocks away)it was 2pm at the time. About 15 minutes later he came to my job(I work in the subways) he had to go down 2 flights of stairs to get to me. He said to me that his ankle was beginning toswell I again asked him if he needed ambulance he said no. He than said if I would give him $250.00 I would'nt have to deal with my insurance company. I told him that I didnt have any money at the time but that I would give to him.

Later that night his wife calls me and tells me that his ankle was badly bruised and wanted more money and if I didnt
agree they would sue me. This happen in the Bronx NY. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
My response:

Sounds to be like he's a desperate scam artist.

Let him make a claim with your auto insurance. I'll bet he doesn't, because he know's that he's done this many times before and the insurance companies have his previous claims (and denials of his claims) on computer.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">