• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

a bumped head in a store

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sayde

I was reaching for a candle holder on the bottom shelf because there were none up front and there was a corner of a stone slate candle holder sticking out and I gouged my head on it, although it is not a big mark, but is big enough and is going to scar. I do not want a scar on my fore head is there any way I can make them pay to get my scar fixed?

HomeGuru

Did you report the incident to the store, did you go to a doctor to seek medical treatment immediately following the accident and did you file a claim with your medical insurance provider?

S

sayde

no I didn't go to the doctor because I have no medical insurance and I did go up to customer service and report it.

S

sayde

look I just wanted an answer, Im not saying I want to look like Julia Roberts buddy.... I was just wondering because I am a model and I don't want a scar on my face...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

. . . and besides, Julia Roberts ain't "all that". I'll bet Sayde's better looking. Hell, for that matter, I'm even better looking than Julia Roberts.

Anyway, Sayde, I'm afraid that you'll really have a tough time getting a settlement or a judgment on this one. You see, "dangerouse condition" cases are really very difficult to prove.

You'll have the burden of proof, and you'll need to prove that the store knew that there was an injury-causing dangerous condition of their premises.

As for the defense side of things, they'll also say that any condition upon which you injured yourself was "open and obvious"; that although you may not have seen the condition, it was still obvious and there for you to see and to guard yourself against.

I hope, for your sake, that the scar is not too bad, and that it fades with time.

Good luck to you, kidlet.

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 12-22-2000 at 12:53 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">