• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Burnt out tail light leads to suspended license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lin5123

MWhat is the name of your state? Michigan

A ticket was received for no tail light. Neglected to pay for it. Just got mail that says license is suspended. Do I have to have the tail light fixed before I get my license back? Do they check the vehicle or take your word for it?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lin5123 said:
MWhat is the name of your state? Michigan

A ticket was received for no tail light. Neglected to pay for it. Just got mail that says license is suspended. Do I have to have the tail light fixed before I get my license back?

MY RESPONSE: No!! For God's sake, don't do it!!

Do they check the vehicle or take your word for it?

MY RESPONSE: Yes, of course the court will take your word on it. They always take the word of people who miss their appearances, and who seem to be so poor that they can't afford a lightbulb and a screwdriver.

Are you a mental midget, or what?

IAAL

lin5123

2)burned out tail light leads to suspended license

Oops, the tail light was not burned out. Actually, the cover for the light was broken, but the light worked just fine and dandy. I just forgot to pay the ticket and they they took my driving privileges away. I just wanted to pay the ticket immediately so I could get my license back now and might not be able to find somebody to fix the broken tail light cover. I just wanted to know if I had to show them or how will they know its really fixed??? Now you say don't fix it - so I am confused more. They really don't look at it?

:) I have always been short. I'm not sure about the mental part, except this is causing me to put a lot of wear and tear on the brain part of my body and mental is part of the brain. (I think) Thank you for your help

Lynx 36

Quote: "Do I have to have the tail light fixed before I get my license back? Do they check the vehicle or take your word for it?"

Yes. They will inspect the vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">