• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bus fire personal property loss

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WAYNE213

Does the interstate commerce commission limit a bus company's liability on personal property loss if the bus company is located in the state of pennsylvania and the actual loss (due to a bus fire) which occurred was in the state of new jersey? If so, can you advise me on the interstate commerce commission statute or regulatory guideline that would pertain to this situation?

seniorjudge

WAYNE213 said:
Does the interstate commerce commission limit a bus company's liability on personal property loss if the bus company is located in the state of pennsylvania and the actual loss (due to a bus fire) which occurred was in the state of new jersey? If so, can you advise me on the interstate commerce commission statute or regulatory guideline that would pertain to this situation?
The ICC was abolished in 1995.

However, the bus company may have a limit on how much they will pay. Ask them your question.

zippysgoddess

If you still have you ticket stub or the papers that hold you ticket that they put them in with your receipt, you might already have that information. I know when I used Trailways to travel out of state, they had a liability limit of $250 per piece of luggage lost and $75 for individual carry on items, and it was stated right on the back of the ticket stub.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">