• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

business liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

drew24

OK, i have a simple matter to try and resolve. I would like some input as to how to go about it, and if there is anything i can do. I recently went to a restuarant where i cut my finger open on the counter top because it has been left un-repaired by the owner. Can i take up a small claims court case against him, and would it even be worth it?? The only reason i even want to go this far is because they serve alcohol there, and as you know alcohol thins the blood which in return will lead a person to bleed morethen usual and that to me would seem to be a health issue more then anything. I dont really care about my minor cut, but is this business liable for maintianing there property to the point where it wont impose a health risk, and can i take him to smalls claim court to resolve this matter since he has nothing more to say about the problem other then im sorry??????

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

drew24 said:
OK, i have a simple matter to try and resolve. I would like some input as to how to go about it, and if there is anything i can do. I recently went to a restuarant where i cut my finger open on the counter top because it has been left un-repaired by the owner. Can i take up a small claims court case against him, and would it even be worth it?? The only reason i even want to go this far is because they serve alcohol there, and as you know alcohol thins the blood which in return will lead a person to bleed morethen usual and that to me would seem to be a health issue more then anything. I dont really care about my minor cut, but is this business liable for maintianing there property to the point where it wont impose a health risk, and can i take him to smalls claim court to resolve this matter since he has nothing more to say about the problem other then im sorry??????

My response:

. . . and you have nothing better to do with your life?

You've got nothing. What are you looking for - - a perfect world?You didn't suffer any damages (a cut heals), and you're butting your nose into something that has nothing to do with you.

I'll tell you what. Don't patronize that bar anymore, and you won't injure yourself there. And, waste your time on more meaningful problems.

IAAL

J

JoBarry

IAAL - while you're at it you may want to also inform Drew24 that McDonald's DOES cause weight gain and that smoking IS bad for your health. Hey, there's an idea...sue the alcohol companies for thinning my blood..............

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">