• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ca Auto ins.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aloha43

My husband was in an auto accident 3 weeks ago, which was clearly the other guys fault/he was cited. My husband injured his back, neck, and totalled our car. He is now out of work losing 10-12 hour days this time of year. (He is a ups driver)
We now have medical bills, no wages, and no car. My insurance co.(Allstate) says the other ins co.(State Farm) has yet to accept liability, so therefore no one will get us a rental car.

How long should it take for the other ins. co. to contact us? My ins. agent said that she's been leaving messages with State Farm, and they won't return her calls.

Am I wrong to expect that they should cover the rental car?
Do I need a lawyer?
If they try to settle, how do we know what is a fair amount?

Thanks for the advice.

aloha43

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Do you really need someone to tell you to obtain a consultation with a personal injury attorney ?

Okay, obtain a consultation with an attorney.

IAAL

JETX

In case you did not understand IAAL's response:

GET A PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER!!!!! DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING!!!! DO NOT TALK WITH ANYONE WITHOUT A LAWYER!!!

GET A LAWYER!!!!

Find the biggest, baddest, hungriest lawyer you can. A good source is the local TV commercials usually on during the TV law shows (Peoples Court, Judge Judy, etc.). Talk to a few of the big name PI lawyers. Find the best for the least percentage!!!

DO IT NOW!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">