• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In CA, can I get diminished value?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Joseph LeBlanc

What is the name of your state? While driving down the highway in California, I had a BMW land upside down across my hood. I was not hurt but my 2001 Rodeo LS 4WD is 10 months old and after 12K in repairs I can’t get but 6K outright or trade in value. The insurance company refuses to pay diminished value. Can I get this in CA?

stephenk

have you tried selling it and $6k is all that has been offered? What is the blue book value?

are the repairs complete with no further problems that are accident related?

J

Joseph LeBlanc

Yes, I have tried trading it in at a Dealer - they offered 6K after they ran the VIN and found the major wreck. Blue book value is $21,590.00 - that's a big difference! Repairs are complete and it looks great but you can tell it's been in a major front-end wreck. Doesn't seem to be any problems at this time . . . Any ideas?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">