• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA - Are insurance co. liable for car depreciation values

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Thumperman

Hi All--

I was recently in a car accident (in California) and was hit from behind. The driver who hit me was at fault. The cost to repair the vehicle totaled $3800. The insurance company claims that they are liable for only the repairs to the vehicle and car rental during the repair. As you know, the car will not be worth the same because it was in an accident. It's a 94 toyota MR2. Are they liable for the depreciation in the value of the car? The agent claims that they are not in California. Is this true?

I also had whip-lash from the accident and wore a neck brace for a few days. Luckily, I had health insurance to cover for the x-rays and checkup. Are they responsible pain & suffering (I lost work time during these days). Please let me know. Thanks for your replies in advance.

Thumperman

racer72

Insurance companies are protected by law from having to pay vehicle depreciation. You should seek compensation for all medical costs, pain, suffering, and any lost wages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">