• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Califonia Rental Car Loss of Use Chareges and Limmits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

satsarbat

I live in califonia and recenltly had a minor accident with a rental car. The only portion of my relat which was not insurred was "loss of use". Additionaly the car rental company gave me an upgrade to a luxuray car. I have read that CA law provides for limmits to loss of use relateed to car rentals.

My question is how can I find out what these limints are and if I dont agree with the car companies assmnet of the charges related to loss of use how can I contest them?

Lynx 36

I make the rental car company provide documentation to show that all their other cars were rented out and they lost revenue b/c they couldn't rent this one. If they had other cars sitting around then they haven't lost any revenue. I don't know if there is a specific law or not in CA but I've had insureds wreck rentals from CA and have never paid it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">