• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

califorina law, Re, Pain and suffering being uninsured

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

coneman

Oct. 13 1999 I was hit by a car while riding my motorcycle.i didn't have insurance on the bike so I told that I don't get anything for pain and suffering. I'm told that all I can get is lost wages, damages to my bike and medical paid. But the other party was found to be at fault and I ended up not only losing a couple toes but because i was unable to work i lost my house to forclosure.
I am working at this time, But I'm not sure how long I will be able to do this. I work on the highway doing traffic control and I have to be able to not only move quick, But stand for long periods of time. Being on my feet longer than 20 minuites without being in pain. It is getting worse the more that I work.
I wonder if I have a case for future lost wages, Or maybe retraining. And What about me losing my house, I'm now homeless, walk with a limp,And my credit is so bad now that I can't get anyone to rent me a place.
I guess I am screwed but it just seems unfair, After seeing people getting thousands for a neck strain that gets better it a few months, My toes won't grow back ever. Any thoughts would be helpfull
thanks

C

cdcard

Dear coneman:
Yikes! Sorry to hear about your injuries. Have you talked to a local personal injury attorney yet? If not, I strongly strongly strongly recommend you do this immediately, because, if you do have a case, your statute of limitations will probably run out on 10/13/00. If you haven't talked to a PI attorney yet, contact your local county bar association, & tell them you need a referrel to a PI attorney immediately because your statute of limitations is about to run. Then, when you call that attorney's office, tell them the same so you get in to talk to someone immediately. DO IT NOW!!!!
Best of luck to you,
cdcard

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">