• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California Screamin'... at State Farm. He'p me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Corvo

I got into a chain reaction wreck, not my fault, and the insurance co. wants to total my car. They are not offering a good enough dollar amount for the vehicle... Whether I decide to 'salvage' the car or not, the settlement won't cover either repair or replacement. How can I get more money out of the agency? What are my options? I have to deal with 3 hours of public transit commuting every day that this is unresolved, so the quicker the better.
Thank ya kindly!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Corvo said:
I got into a chain reaction wreck, not my fault, and the insurance co. wants to total my car. They are not offering a good enough dollar amount for the vehicle... Whether I decide to 'salvage' the car or not, the settlement won't cover either repair or replacement. How can I get more money out of the agency? What are my options? I have to deal with 3 hours of public transit commuting every day that this is unresolved, so the quicker the better.
Thank ya kindly!
My response:

Don't you just hate insurance companies with the word "Farm", or variations of that word, in it?

You're entitled to the fair market value of the vehicle; not replacement value.

In effect, what you're saying is: "Gee, before the accident I had a car and no payments, and life was grand. Now, I have no car, and in order to get another car, money has to come out of my pocket."

Such is life.

IAAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">