• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California Statute Of Limitation for Personal Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HitmanKB

Hello, I was wondering what is the California Statute Of Limitation for Personal Property. I had a highly modified mustang that was at a performance shop being upgraded. The shop wrecked the car. I want to know how long do I have to file a law suit in California? I found articles online stating 3 years for "Personal Property Injury", is that the same thing?
Thanks,
Kenny

seniorjudge

Hello, I was wondering what is the California Statute Of Limitation for Personal Property. I had a highly modified mustang that was at a performance shop being upgraded. The shop wrecked the car. I want to know how long do I have to file a law suit in California? I found articles online stating 3 years for "Personal Property Injury", is that the same thing?
Thanks,
Kenny
Do it as soon as possible.

HitmanKB

I understand that! Im just trying to figure out if ive already waited too long.. A year has passed. The shop told me that they would replace the car, that doesnt seem likely now! Im trying to figure out if this is one of those one year to file things or if I can still go for it! I just dont want to waste too much time, money, and effort if its already too late.:(
Thanks,
Kenny

HitmanKB

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">