• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Camper shell hit auto

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Michs0327

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Our truck was hit by a camper shell from a truck that was uninsured, not registered and no license 17 year old. The truck was not his. He fled from scene, but was later captured and my husband pressed charges. This happened about a month ago. Didn't turn it in to our insurance company, since they told us our rates would go up if they couldn't collect. I want to go after this kid, my husband seems to think it is a waste of time since he probably has no job (hence, no license). Is it too late to file since its been a month. Should we write a letter to him with an estimate demanding payment?

Damage: Indented scratch down driver side of truck

racer72

If this was the same truck smashed in your other post, you will have a hard time proving the damage was caused by the other driver. I would also suggest finding a better insurance company, quality insurers don't raise their rates if they can't collect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">