• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

campus security

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mare1121

What is the name of your state? NJ

My son was away at a private college living in a dorm on campus. A drunk intruder got into the dorm and beat my son for no reason with a baseball bat in the head. There were witnesses who lived in the dorm who called the campus police. My son was taken to the hospital which he still has no memory of. My son suffered a major concussion and is now suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder due to the violence. He has taken a leave of absence in order to deal with the therapy and medications. The intruder turned out to be another student who lived in another building on campus. It was the second time this student did this type of thing. He was expelled a few days later. This incident took place at 10:00PM. The dorm is supposed to have a person sitting at the front desk from 7:00PM until dawn for security reasons. They are supposed to get the ID of anyone who is visiting the dorm. The night of the attack no-one was sitting at the front desk.

Is the college responsible for the actions of this student? My son is still suffering mentally from this attack. We have no idea how long this condition is going to last. Any advise on how to proceed would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">