• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can auto insurance company be sued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

samiyha

In the state of Pennsylvania is it legal for an auto insurance company to
make changes on your policy with out your permission. These changes
keep making your montly balance up (changing the limits of liability).I've
had this auto insurance company since Nov of 2007 and my rates system to
keep going up and down, I've had over draft fee's and when ask why is going
on no one can system to give me a stright answer. so I switch insurance company
today and found out that they switched my limits of liability with out my permission.

seniorjudge

Q: In the state of Pennsylvania is it legal for an auto insurance company to make changes on your policy with out your permission?

A: What does your policy say in answer to your question?

moburkes

In the state of Pennsylvania is it legal for an auto insurance company to
make changes on your policy with out your permission. These changes
keep making your montly balance up (changing the limits of liability).I've
had this auto insurance company since Nov of 2007 and my rates system to
keep going up and down, I've had over draft fee's and when ask why is going
on no one can system to give me a stright answer. so I switch insurance company
today and found out that they switched my limits of liability with out my permission.
You'll need to elaborate. In some cases, yes. For example, if you choose limited tort when you purchase your policy, your insurance company will send you a legal document to sign that outlines the differences between limited and full tort, and premiums associated with each choice. If you don't return that signed form, they will change your policy to full tort, which will increase your premium since it is more expensive.

Premiums are allowed to increase or decrease at renewal, withouy you making any changes to your policy. Premiums are allowed to increase at renewal if you receive chargeable tickets or are involved in accidents. So, yes, there are several scenarios in whihc insurance companies can legally increase your premiums.

Having said that, if you have premiums deducted from your bank account, then you will reiceve notices inthe mail prior to your due dates which tell you exactly how much will be deducted from your account in advance. It is your responsbility to have enough money in the bank to pay the premiums.

Now what liability limits were changed without your permission? Since this is a new company, it is likely that you were sent forms to sign, to confirm your coverage choices, which you didn't return.

samiyha

Thanks for your answer

No forms were every sent to me stateing a policy change
or rate change.They changed my coverage from the minimum state limits and up them.
and tail this day they still can't tell me why
Thank you for advice

samiyha

Thank you for your answer

They didn't send me anything letting me know there would be a rate increase or that were
changing my coverage.I've not had any moving violation,tickets,or accendients.
That's why I can't understant why my rate kept changing every month(before the renewal).

moburkes

They didn't send me anything letting me know there would be a rate increase or that were
changing my coverage.I've not had any moving violation,tickets,or accendients.
That's why I can't understant why my rate kept changing every month(before the renewal).
Your rates changed monthly or at renewal? If you're not getting notices in the mail then something is wrong between you and the mailman. Every insurance company sends notices in the mail except esurance. Who is your insurance company?

Your posts don't really make sense. You don't need tickets to have rate changes. Just like at the grocery store or gas stations, prices change. You don't get more gas when the rates go up; the price is higher but the coverage is the same. No auto insurance company raises coverages every renewal.

samiyha

The mailman not at fault

It's not the mailman.The insurance company admitted to not sending me any notice
that's why there going to pay the overdraft fee.I've been driving for seven yrs and
have never had to pay a different amount of money every month or have anybody
I know.Usually rate increase at the renewal of a policy or if something happens(like an acciends).

The coverage isn't the same I checked, (they did change it).They changed the coverage before the renewal date numerous of times.I do agree insurance company usually don't raise coverage at renewals but this one did ,matter of fact they raise the coverage before the renewal .

If I wasn't clear in answering your question the rates changed every month.
I am not with esurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">