• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I collect for the reapairs that I did on the vehicle within the last six months

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Charon

What is the name of your state? California

Can I collect on the repairs that I did on my vehicle to make it in fantastic running condition before the accident. All repairs were done with in the last 4 months. form my last thread my car was broadsised and totaled (from my point of view).

Any help would be great. I put about 4500.00 into my car now I have none

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Can I collect for the reapairs that I did on the vehicle within the last six months

Charon said:
What is the name of your state? California

Can I collect on the repairs that I did on my vehicle to make it in fantastic running condition before the accident. All repairs were done with in the last 4 months. form my last thread my car was broadsised and totaled (from my point of view).

Any help would be great. I put about 4500.00 into my car now I have none

My response:

Any repairs that you made to the car that merely brought it back to stock condition, no. The total overall value was increased by your repairs - - but, if you paid more for repairs than the car was worth, then that's the loss you're going to have to shoulder. For example, if before you made repairs, you had bald tires, and then just before the accident, you bought 4 new tires, then no, you're not going to get extra value due to the tires. The new tires merely improved the "stock" value.

However, if you had special paint, or wheels, or anything else that increased the value above and beyond "stock" value, then yes, you can get a reasonable value reimbursement for those items.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">