• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I do this on my own?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cdsalsman

I have recently retained a lawyer for an accident that I was injured in.
I am not pleased whatsoever with the way they are handling my case. I have faxed about 3/4 of the information that they have to them to get the ball rolling.
Everytime I call to find out how things are going with the case, I always get the run-around. My case manager is on the other line, or, she just was called to a meeting. And none of this occurs until I give my name to the secretary. One time the secretary even let it slip that the case manager was in the office and for me to hold, but once she got back on the line and asked who I was, then put me back on hold. When she returned the case manager had stepped out of the office. I call once every two or three weeks to check on the status, mostly because I have done most of the work and I figure that they are holding up for some other information that I can probably get them.
Anyway, I want to fire them, but I am afraid that there will be some claus that I am not finding in my contract to them. It states that they only receive, if I receive. Does that mean if they get the settlement for me, or even if I get it on my own now? HELP!!!!!

E

EDITH CAGE

i fired my attorney - he suited me

I live in durham, NC,I went through the same process with my lasting "four" year old "personal injury" and property injury case. After my attorney set on the case for two years and 1 month, i also fired him... before that attorney. I used another one for 3 mos.. he was slow and not returning my phone calls, neither... My case is "still" going on, based on they get paid, when I get paid!

C

cdsalsman

Thank you for your reply!!!

Good luck to you. I hope that you get this settled soon.

E

EDITH CAGE

after calling a

On 3/20 & 21, i called our local dispute settlement center to "help" me get the attorney to tell me why is it taking so long!!!! He then called me back.
I then received the final judgements today, dated 03/22.
but, we agreed in November 2000. TO CUT IT SHORT, the judgement forms are about 10 pages long, with all these statements declaring more than my payroll, co-payed
doctor's said. And middle ways the contract, there's a issue about if we were "influenced" by the attorney nor other persons or physicians or surgeons, etc.
That's all and find to govern "trueness" of services. But to cause our provider's, and atorney's to "dismember" US.
So, if we show "fury" with our providers and attornies, that shows that they are NOT INFLUENCING US!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">