• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Do This By Myself

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arizonamustang

What is the name of your state? ARIZONA

:rolleyes: Oct 05th, 2005 at 7:45 pm on the freeway I was hit in the driver side back corner panel of my Nissan Sentra by a semi truck at which time spun my car around in front of him plowing into my driver door, at which time my car spun three more time across three more lanes of traffic once at the car pool lane I was hit by another vehicle being a pickup truck. The semi driver kept going, although, unbenounced to him there was a highway patrol driving on the other side of me whom kept going after him, eventually pulling him over. Not sure where he was pulled over because it was much further than the eye could see, his excuse was he knew he hit me, but he couldn't see where I went. Although very tiny, the police report did have a box labeled hit and run check marked, but the semi driver was only ticketed for inproper lane change. I was not taken to the emergency immediately after the accident, because I was in such shock I didn't feel anything wrong. An hour and a half later my neck hurt to turn so my husband talk me into going to the E/R to have a full body xra to make sure there was nothing wrong internally. I dove myself to E/R and the only thing wrong was a pulled muscle in my neck. I was given muscle relaxers, and pain killers from the E/R, but my shoulder kept swelling so I went to my doctor a few days later. My doctor wrote me a script for physical therapy for a month and has just extended it for another two weeks. I called the DPS regularly for three weeks checking to see if the police report came in. The day it came in I personally went down to pick it up to get the semi drivers info, being as he was a hit and run and I had no info at all on him. I called the semi drivers insurance co that day and filed a claim. His insurance co offered me $13,300. for my totaled car. I owe $14,700. and did not purchase it going in upside down. So already this accident is costing me money. Now his insurance co. says they are only going to pay for my rental vehicle for one week, this being the time period of the day they received the police report, which was the same day I received mine three weeks after the accident, till the day they offered me a settlement on my car. Can they cheat me out of paying three weeks of the car rental? Then they say the medical bills and the time I have lost from work will be considered upon completion of my physical therapy. Can they not reimburse me for that as well? Should I have a laywer? I was hoping not to have to deal with an attourney which I feel would drag this out for a much longer amount of time. I have a lot of out of packet expense up to this point that I would like to get reimbursed before I die. Please advise of my options available and what the laws in Arizona for insurance reimbursements are. Thanks so much for any information on laws or advise you can give me.

Patty

JETX

arizonamustang said:
His insurance co offered me $13,300. for my totaled car. I owe $14,700. and did not purchase it going in upside down.
What you owe on the vehicle is not relevant. The ONLY relevant issue is.... FMV (Fair Market Value).

Can they cheat me out of paying three weeks of the car rental?
Yep. Their responsibility doesn't start until you file your claim.

Then they say the medical bills and the time I have lost from work will be considered upon completion of my physical therapy. Can they not reimburse me for that as well?
Who said anything about not reimbursing you?? Your own post says that they can't consider your damages until they determine what they are.... and that will require completion of your personal injury incurred in the accident.

Should I have a laywer?
Since you clearly seem confused by the process, that would be a good idea.

One question... where is YOUR insurance in all of this??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">