• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I be fired because of injury off the job when I have a doctors slip to be off?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ernurse

Iam from Illinois. I work as a nurse, and recently changed jobs. After one week on the new job, I was hurt on my day off away from work.In the meantime,my old employer called me with new incentives to come back.I told my old employer I was hurt and didn,t know when I could start back to work. A few days later, feeling I was able to work,I called my employer and she scheduled me to work.I worked one night, and realized I had misjudged my capabilities.I went back to my doctor after a scheduled MRI and was told I had ruptured almost every disc in my lower back. He gave me a slip to be off until furthur notice. Can my employer refuse to let me come back to work whenever I am able?
thanks in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">