• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i get Arrested for this???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hypo3

What is the name of your state? Florida

Ok, so this is what happened, my friend’s dad went out of town for a couple of days and left his motorcycle in the possession of his 20 year old son (one of my best friends). So my friend calls me up and asked if I want to go riding with him, because he has a bike of his own and I would be on his dad's. So I said of course, and of we went. I had no prior experience on a bike and thought I was able to handle it. All was well until the way back home, I got over confident and crashed the bike on a turn going about 70mph. I sustained mild injuries and the bike was wrecked beyond repair. My question is this, does my friend’s dad have grounds to arrest me, and is blame 100% mine? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Some Random Guy

You can be ticketed for driving without license or insurance. You can be sued by the father for the cost of his bike. I can't think of a good reason to arrest you yet - unless "left his motorcycle in the possession of his 20 year old son" meant that the son was told not to touch the bike.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">