• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get my car back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

The1nonlyQ

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? West Virginia
In July, I sold a car for $500. The buyer borrowed a $100.00 from her neighbor to make a down payment. It is now mid October and she has not attempted to change the plates, registration, or title. Everything is still in my name. When we sold it to her she signed a contract stating she was buying the car for $500.00 and we put a lein on the title.
My husband contacted her a month ago and told her she had two weeks to pay for the car or we were coming to get it. She then sent him a check for $200.00, half on the remaining balance. My husband cashed the check only to be notified later by the bank telling him the that account no longer existed. It is clear that this woman in not going to pay for the car. I don't not want to go to court over this, I just want to get the car back and be done with her. My question is, since everything is still in my name, can I go and reposess the car legally?? I'd appreciate the input. Thank You!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">