• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I get reimbursed for rental vehicle.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nursekenner

can I get reimbursed for rental vehicle from other persons insurance?

What is the name of your state? Michigan
I was rear ended by another vehicle on a busy interstate. The man that hit me was at 100% fault for the accident and was ticketed. My vehicle sustained $4800 and was in the shop for 13 days. The collision company that fixed my car did not have a loaner car available for me so I had to pay $735.00 for a rental car during this time. My insurance company says I don't have rental coverage.It did cover all damages as I had broadened collision. Can I get reimbursed from his insurance company for the cost of the rental? Would the "mini-tort" law in MI cover this? I was told that in small claims court you can only sue for up to $500. I'd appreciate any input I can get!

Last edited:

teflon_jones

As stephenk said, you should be submitting this to his carrier for coverage. if his carrier has already acknowledged 100% fault, you're in EXCELLENT shape!

racer72

Michigan is a no fault state, it is up to the policy holder to include rental coverage on their own policy. The at fault party's insurance company will probably say "Too bad".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">